Friday, April 15, 2011

Here again

So it's been a while again. I was kind of struggling with what to say, and I could come up with excuses, but I won't. I won't give up my blog just like that. I can't say yet that I put much work and effort into it, but I intened to get SOMEWHERE and I will. So, nope, this is not a goodbye post.

I am unemployed as of March 14th. I have kind of seen it coming. No, I was not fired or anything like this. I was just there temporary and didn't manage to find something else in time. I am glad that my husband found at least work and started on April 1st after 3 years of unemployment but it is still like a slap in the face. We were planning to save up much more since we thought we finally had two paychecks again, thought we would not have to struggle as much as we did during the last 3 years. But still, if it had to happen I am glad it happened now, and not in a year or so, having to go back from two paychecks to one.

On a lighter note, my kids closets are set for summer. I am glad I kept my boys clothes from last year because they still fit! I know I won't resist when I see a cute shirt or a nice pair of shorts if they're not too expensive, but I am glad I do not have to start all over again. I got a lot for my 18 months old daughter from ebay, lots of brand stuff with the tags still on for next to nothing.

Being at home for a month now, it's organized and clean. Gone the unvaccumed floors and gone the dust on the furniture (I dust, vaccuum and mop every day!). I tend to iron again more, my laundry basket is almost empty most of the time. No processed food, nope, I have the time to actually cook and do everything from scratch. Yesterday, I even baked my own bread. From scratch of course. 3 weeks ago our big trashcan was so full of stuff I purged, we could not even close it anymore. I guess you never know how much clutter actually accumulates in your home unless you really look for it. And do not even get me started on the kids toys. I organized them a while ago, tossed everything that was broken or had pieces missing, I had to do it all over again. Do you all think I am bad for telling the kids that Santa inspects their rooms every now and then all year long to see how they treat the toys he brought them?

See you one of these days:) Probably with pictures of my progress :))

No comments:

Post a Comment